Friday, October 15, 2010

In Defense of the Rainforest

           Everyones probably tired of hearing it, but seriously, people need to stop with the cutting down of rainforest and trees in general. I mean its basically one of the most important parts of life here on Earth. The trees make oxygen here and last i checked we need that to live. So knowing that we need trees to live, companies continue to chop them down like its no big deal. And suuuure you can plant a tree to make up for the fact but that'll take what, like 30 years to get big enough. 
          Now I understand that people need places to live and expansion is inevitable but still, something needs to be done. Which is another point I believe. People are our own worst enemies. Over population will kill us, add in pollution and war and we are just a ticking time bomb. Back to the point though. We need to stop this mass chopping down of rainforest. Not only does it destroy the trees but also the animal and wildlife there. We are just killing thousands of trees and who knows how many animals. 
        I've already start planting my own little pine tree in my dorm. Started out from a seed. Everyone should try it. Plant some sort of plant and let it grow. Help out the earth here

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your blog. People care more about money than about the natural things in life especially the rain forest. Planting a seed in the rain forest is not that same as a tree that originated from there.

    -Brittany Nash 9:30 TR

    ReplyDelete