I don't remember much of my oldest brother Andrew living at home. He's 12 years older then me so he was in college before not long after I can remember. He was always my favorite brother, probably because I did not have to deal with him that much, but since coming to VCU I've gotten closer to him and his family. Andrew, Jonelle and their daughter, my niece, Reagan live in Charlottesville, Va which is only about 45min. from here. I really enjoy going there. It's kind of in the mountains/farmland area and its almost like a different world there from here. I can actually see the stars. All of them. Last time I was there I saw 2 shooting stars and I could see the milky way. Sure its kind of creepy up there at night, but I love it all. Except the ridiculous amount of stink bugs there.
But Andrew has always been sort of a role model for me. He doesn't make a lot of money but he still seems happy. He does what he wants up there basically and has lots of friends. He has been places and experience things I've wanted to and did it without the need for a ton of money.
Also last time I was there we made a big old fire and just sat outside for hours and talked. It was awesome. I just love it there. I feel stress free when Im there and with them
I have a one younger brother and boy did we go at it when we were little. Now we are the closest brother and sister of all our immediate families. I would have never thought we would be this tight and he is very over protective of me. You would think he is the oldest the way he acts. We go places together with our kids all the time. My son loves his uncle.
ReplyDeleteFamily is important and it’s good that you and your brother are able to sit back by the fire and just enjoy the company of one another. I wouldn’t mind visiting that area myself, it does sound pretty relaxing and I could definitely use a stress free moment. Me and the bugs would not get along so I that would be a major problem for me.
Another good thing you mention is about your brother doing all sorts of things without the need for a ton of money, I like that. I believe money change people, without it you can’t survive, with it(just enough) you can live happy(be content) but with tons of it…life gets complicated and some most people tend to let money put them on a high pedestal. Those one’s end up unhappy and with no family or friends down the line. Everybody wants to be rich but it’s not always a good thing. Continue to enjoy your brother and his family.
I like this, it's very touching. I get the same feeling when you go to his house when i go and see my family in Pennsylvania.
ReplyDelete