Another game because games are what I know so I actually like writing about them. This may contain spoilers. Not a lot but because I haven't played it in a couple of months I don't remember the order of events. Don't worry I won't give away the ending.
Heavy Rain isn't like your typical game. Theres not much action. No gun shooting or face bashing. What it lacks in fast-paced action it makes up for in quick thinking and lots of suspense. It will test your own morals as a person also. The actions you choose could get your character killed off. I guess I would describe the game as a mystery game where you have to solve a mystery from the point of view of 4 different characters.
The story in the beginning shows a happy family. Mom, dad and two sons. They are all well off and seem happy. From the beginning you play as the main character, the dad. In the first setting you are in your house. Everyone is gone and you are just waking up. As soon as your awake you take control of your character. You'll soon find that there is no run feature (unless the story calls for running), and simple actions such as opening your door or cabinet don't just require the quick push of the X button. You actually have to move the joystick in the fashion you would open the door. You have to rotate the joystick to turn on the shower. The game is not meant to be fast, but rather slow to let you pick up on all the details.
So back to the story, basically one of the sons gets killed in the beginning and your family falls about and you start to care less and less about yourself. As this is all going on the Origami Killer in on the loose kidnapping children and killing them it seems. Well of course your only other child gets kidnapped and since you already lost one child you are determined to save this one. Thus begins the crazy stuff you would have to do to get him back. And that my friends is the moral of the story. DON'T TAKE YOUR CHILDREN OR YOUR OWN LIFE FOR GRANTED. Anyway at this point you've probably met the other characters. The mysterious private detective looking for the killer. The drug addict super FBI guy with some weird special glasses. And the sexy reporter trying to make a good story. You play as all these people and try to solve the mystery through there eyes.
But its not all just looking for clues. There is some action to do. For instance the killer tells the day that he must drive in the rain on the opposite side of traffic for like a minute while going like over 50mph. This requires fast controlling and quick reflexes. There is also when the killer puts you in the room and requires that you cut off one of your fingers on video for him. There are multiple tools on the room to use. Knife, Saw, Fire. All sorts of crap. Theres also when you are forced to kill someone else too.
Now I say forced to, but you actually don't have to. You can just give up on the first task if you wanted too. At any point in the game you can choose, as the dad, not to save your son. But thats the fun of the game. To see how far you would go. What would you do to save your son?
Reading this review, you make me want to immediately find the game so I can start playing it. This game sounds really great to play because I always wished for a game that had so many realistic details. Thank you for this information.
ReplyDelete