Friday, September 10, 2010

Why Am I Here?

                  Why am I here? I don't really know. Well I do know why but I don't know why I'm doing it. College was always one of those things I had to do. It wasn't because someone told me I had too. Everyone wanted me to though. Society, parents, teachers, friends and even myself. Through out my life college has always been the norm. It wasn't something that I had a choice, everyone just assumed that I was going to go to college. Which was fine because I did want to go. I wanted to improve my own life and skills. I am here because I wanted to be here.
                 As far as why I wanted to be here, I guess if you had to classify me into one of Ken Steele's categories than I guess I would say somewhere between careerist and scholar. My goal for college and why I picked the major I did was for the career opportunities. It was so I could get a good job and a high paying one at that. But its not only to make money and have a good job. Its bigger than that. I want my life and my families life to be easy and for them to have good lives. In this world money rules it all so right now I want to make the money for my future life.
                Now I've heard many different of how you should pick your career. You can follow your dreams or do whatever makes you the most money or pick a job you could stand doing for a long time something fun. Well I personally right now am doing what makes me the most money. Don't get me wrong, I love technology and computer so computer engineering is not something I'll probably hate. But to me right now this second (because this could all change), I would love to do something with animals. Animals always fascinated me. I love going to the zoo and all the local animal safari things. But most animal career choices are not that high paying. At least the ones I would like to do. Its become one of those situations to me that maybe I'm making the wrong choice as far as career choice is concerned but I don't know yet. I'm still deciding and hopefully college will help me with that. And that is why I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment