Friday, September 24, 2010

LORD OF THE RINGS!!

Sorry for the obnoxious title. I like that movie. So I pick the speech Sam gave Frodo in the second movie.


Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something. 
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam? 
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.
(source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167261/quotes)


    This speech was awesome. Hands down. It does what you would want a speech to do. To relate to you. To inspire you and wined you up. Touches you and almost gives you chill on how right it is. As you hear it you feel like its true. Everyday will get brighter and even when things are going terrible it will all pass and a new day will start. Especially if you have something worth fighting for you will push forward and make it through. And we should all have something worth fighting for.




3 comments:

  1. Using a speech was Lord of the Rings was such a great thing to do. I have to agree that out of the many speeches in Lord of the Rings, this is a really good one. It's really great how it makes you feel and how true it can actually be in reality. And it's very true that we should all have something worth fighting for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking this blog. I wish I would of thought of using the Lord of Rings. Like David said this is the best speech in the movie. I like how you us the speech in the movie and relate it to life.
    Good Job

    Jimmy Cole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want you to know that...I fucking love Lord of the Rings.

    ReplyDelete